Hometown: Gaithersburg, Maryland
Current location: Park Slope, Brooklyn
1. Tell me your ideal morning.
It would be crisp, clear, and cold (about 30 degrees Fahrenheit) – ideal weather for my long run over the Brooklyn Bridge and up the Hudson River. Afterward I would shower and crawl back into bed with my husband and dog for a while, then we’d grab coffee on the way to the Prospect Park greenmarket.
2. Why are you living in your “current location?”
An early midlife crisis was the kick in the ass I needed to get me out of Indiana (where I had settled after college) eastward to New York City (where I had dreamed of living).
3. Without ________, there is no _________. (fill in the blanks)
Without preparation, there is no payoff (something I didn’t understand until I started running marathons).
4. What is the most admirable human characteristic?
5. Describe the last thing you ate in three words.
Fake bacon sandwich.
Kate is the voice behind one of my favorite NYC lifestyle blogs, Embarrassment of Riches.